Sunday, February 6, 2011

Crap start to the week does not bode well

So here it is Sunday and what a craptacular start to the coming week I have had.

Woke up this morning to a bed covered in blood hello AF. First time ever this has happened to me. I looked like the victim of a axe fight, and to think DH changed the sheets yesterday as well. So up and shower at 7.30 so much for a sleep in.

It's stinking hot as well, and I have cramps and a lower back ache as well yay me. We have breakfast and set to finishing off the cleaning we stared yesterday.

There is a knock at the Door and my neighbour comes in.
We have been friends for 2 years, she is a single parent to 4 boys that live with her, and we see each other every day. My girls and her younger 2 boys play sometimes, and tase each other most other times, she has 2 teenage boys who like to pick on the girls and call them names ect and I have spoken to her about this before, we know it happens, if a boy thing but sometimes it verges on bullying, I have told the girls time and time again to ignor it. It has always gone on, boys saying girl germs ect ect.

Yesterday Abby was watching her eldest Daughter and her son (2) playing on the trampoline, Abby loves babies and loves to go over there and see the baby when he is visiting. All was good untill baby's mum went inside leaving baby and his dad outside with the two older boys who started. I was hanging washing on line and so boys not realise I was outside at time.

They were saying stuff like Abby stop staring your annoying, baby does not like you, get off ouf fence ect ect ect. The eldest boy said, you know I can cut your fingers off becasue they are over hanging our side and the law says anything over hanging our side we can cut off. Abby says I am not annoying you I am just watching the baby, and no you can't. I say to Abby get down Abby and come away now. Meanwhile, I hear something hit the fence and then DH car. Abby says don;t throw that you hit dads car. Then came over to me.

She was upset, told me the boys are always picking on her blah blah blah same thing I hear each week. I said to her, tell them to cut it out or I will bash there heads together. Now I make comments like this alll the time, don;t make me come up there with a stick and bash you, don;t make me bash your heads together, they are off the cuff comments, I say them all the time, I have always done so, have never thought anything of it untill today.

So lat night am talking to M (Neighbour) out the front. Relay the story to her, tell her what I said laughing, tell her I have told the girls to stay away from the older boys, as they are teens and don;t want to be seen with younger girls blah blah blah blah. Same conversation we have almost every week, everything seemed fine, said goodby and came inside.

So back to this morning. Neigbour comes in she is visibly upset, and says I have not felt that sick since Blue (her dog) was hurt. Me: why whats happened are you alright whats wrong. Her: I would never hit someone elses kids. Me: confused, what?, then cottoning on, is this about yesterday.......then seeing the expression on her face said did you think I was serious yesterday.
She said yes, and I nearly died. I was incredulous, You could have lierally knocked me over. She handed me my front door keys and said I would like mine back, I have known you two years and I was shocked that you said that. I explained that I would never hit another child, that I have said it before often, but she had already made up her mind, she thought I was going to go over there and bash her childrens heads together. :(.

Now in hindsight I probably should not say half the things I do, and you can bet from now on I will be censoring everything I say, but honestly she has known me two years we have spends many many hours together, I am still gobsmacked she would think I would do such a thing.

I have been really upset all day, teary and I feel really awful, I feel llike a monster and I really am not.

Hopefully my job interview will go better tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Oh poor Luna,
    We live in such a "Politically Correct" world now that we have bred people who are super sensitive - even so called friends who have known you for years will suddenly creep out on you and come up with something that you never thought possible for them to be thinking.
    I don't have any friends for that reason - I always get myself into trouble by speaking from the heart and making jokes...people take me too seriously and hence I lose friends..

    I hope your interview goes really well on Monday....My husband is going for an interview tomorrow so I know how nerve racking it can be..

    Good Luck!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete